THANK YOU for visiting my Hockey Challenge fundraising page!
You can turn the Impossible…
to “I’m Possible!”
I’d say you were joking, if you told me five years ago that one day I’d be:
• Playing hockey in the arena of my favorite NHL team with some of the players I grew up idolizing…with a crowd of over 5,000 people cheering us on
• Running a 5K race, not just one…but 20 of them in my first year (2019!) of racing (I really used to hate running!)
• Working as a personal trainer: sharing my knowledge, designing wellness and exercise programs to encourage others to thrive in health and fitness
Who would have thought?
It was those random turn of events and perfect opportunities that helped me turn the impossible into “I’m possible” moments!
There are many children whose lives are stripped of these “I’m possible” moments because of health challenges. Many of these dear children and their families I’ve met through the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). All too often, dark times of impossibility prevail: Receiving the medical diagnosis, followed by an unexpectedly urgent departure from their homes for immediate treatment--at an uncertain length of time. Some comfort can be found at the Ronald McDonald House, a home-away-from home for families while their child receives medical treatment.
Please help me transform their impossible into “I’m possible” moments!
This year, I’ll once again lead as a team captain and it’ll also be my milestone 15th year of involvement with the annual RMHC Hockey Challenge event on Saturday, Feb. 15th at the ShoWare Center in Kent, WA. I’m excited to play hard to raise money and inspire “I’m possible” moments for the many families staying at the House. It’s fun playing to win, but the victory is even greater when you can play your sport to help others!
The impossible can become possible: It’s possible to provide comfort at the House. In turn, with the provisions of a reassuring shelter, it’s possible for families to be the needed pillars of strength and healing for their child.
Please Help Me Score My Goals!
I’d like to seek your kind support through my collection of pledges for the RMHC:
• All donations are 100% tax deductible
• Don't forget to see if your company or workplace will match your donation!
• Take action by Jan. 31: Your early donation will help me to be considered for the All-Star Game!
Please consider supporting the Ronald McDonald House Charities through the 2020 Hockey Challenge.
Thank you for your kind support!
Jackie Soo, #88