Welcome to Team RMHC
Did you know only one in every 1000 people will run a marathon in their lifetime? Running a marathon is no easy challenge. That statistic proves it. But, when you choose to run with Team RMHC, not only will you get the support of fellow runners encouraging you to train smarter and run farther, you will get the unwavering support (and a really big cheering section) from the nearly 9 million children and families served by our Charity each year. RMHC provides stability and vital resources to families, keeping them close when they need it most. It takes approximately $60 to keep a family close and with every dollar you raise, the more families RMHC can help. Your decision to run #forRMHC will help us to give children the best medicine of all - their families.
As for the 26.2 miles, you’ll need support, and we’ll be right here to give it to you. RMHC staff and volunteers understand the value you bring to our efforts. You may have been a runner before, but when you join Team RMHC, you become a marathoner forever.
Team RMHC Runners receive:
- The opportunity to directly improve the health and well being of children around the world served by Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- A complimentary race entry for the Marathon
- Discounted marathon training with Coach Brendan Cournane, plus "Ask the Coach" training support and weekly training tips. Discounted marathon training is also available through Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA)
- Team RMHC Technical Running Shirt
- Customized web page and social media help to give family, friends and co-workers an easy way to donate and show their support for you.
- Marathon eve pasta dinner
- Access to the RMHC Hospitality Tent including private gear-check, pre and post-race snacks/meals, massages, DJ and entertainment.
NOTE: All Team RMHC runners will be required to meet the fundraising minimum of $1500 set by the Bank of America Chicago Marathon for ALL charity runners.
See you at the start line!